Day 6: I am thankful for the right I have to vote and the opportunity which I have to do so.
It saddens me sometimes to see all the hatred that is flung between parties. George Washington was right when he warned against bipartisan politics. Too bad we didn't listen to him. In all honesty, after all is said and done, these things remain true and they're the only things that ultimately matter:
- Jesus is still my Savior and King.
- The sun will still rise in the morning and set in the evening.
- I still have my testimony in the gospel.
And by the way, for all my LDS buds out there, just because Obama was re-elected doesn't mean that the second coming will happen in four years. There's so much more to it. And he's not all that bad of a president. Yes, there are many things which I don't agree with which he does, but there were things I didn't agree with which Romney agreed with as well. So don't get excited. Could it be within the next four years? Sure. But Obama being re-elected is not a sign of the times, despite what your Sunday School teacher might say.
I just get really tired of all the doom and gloom "moving to Canada" attitudes out there. Yes, the past four years have been tough; yes, things could have been different; yes, I would have preferred another outcome; yes, we're in for another four years with President Obama. But if I'm going to be mad and upset and just a big turd about the whole situation, then it will suck. But if I move on with my life and continue to get up and go to class in the morning, do my homework, go to work, and go to sleep every night just like I always have and honor my president as I have been commanded to (see Exodus 22:28; A of F 1:12) then I will be just fine and happy with the next four years. So, Hail to the Chief and Praise the Lord and just keep on keepin' on.
Sorry ... it's been bugging me all day and I had to say something. I try to avoid politics about ninety percent of the time, but sometimes ...
Final words to all you people still frustrated with your fellow Americans and countrymen: click here.
Day 7: I am thankful for that wonderful friend, Anonymous.
I came home from school today to find an envelope on my door. I opened it and found a note and a gift inside. The note reads: "Leigha, Thank you for all that you do. All of your hard work. All of your dedication to your calling, schoolwork, work, family, and friends. Know that you are loved and that we appreciate all that you do. You are a truly beautiful woman. Both inside and out. Love, Anonymous." I am so grateful for this wonderful angel, and for all the angels which the Lord sends to me in my times of need and the blessing that they are every day in my life. Sometimes, it's a friend texting me out of the blue. Other times, it's someone from work or school actually taking an interest in my life for a few minutes. Today, it was someone who left a note on my door. To that angel in my life, I'm glad I know you and I thank you for your service. Even though I do not know who you are, God does. And He'll make sure you get rewarded.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.