Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Whoa! It's February and Time for a Challenge!

Where did February come from??  Sorry I haven't posted in so long ... I've been super busy with classes- here's a typical day for me:

Sleep (as long as humanly possible while still completing all important tasks)
Awake and eat breakfast (sometimes, just a Nutrigrain bar, but hey- it's better than nothing
Rush to class/work (good thing I only live seven minutes from campus)
After class/work is over, rush to the other one
Take a lunch break and eat some food (hopefully, I had time the night before to make something so I don't have to spend money)
Do homework- study for a test- read in a textbook- practice
Rush to final class/work shift for the day
Meander home to finish more homework, read emails, and get ready for tomorrow!

Unfortunately, blogging is not on that list ... but because I am ahead on homework at the moment, I can pause and enjoy letting the creative juices of my soggy brain flow!

http://www.petfinder.com/dogs/living-with-your-dog/dog-valentines-day-date/

Since it is almost Valentine's Day, it's time for my traditional Valentine's Day challenge!  This year will be a little different from in years past, though I still intend to write a letter to my future spouse and encourage all my single friends to do so as well!


This year's Valentine's Day challenge is all about love.  There are lots of small things in every day that demonstrate the love which the Savior has for us- there's a song that I absolutely love which talks about the Savior's love for us.


I Feel My Savior's Love


I feel my Savior's love 
In all the world around me.
His spirit warms my soul 
Through everything I see.

I feel my Savior's love;
Its gentleness enfolds me.
And when I kneel to pray, 
My heart is filled with peace.

I feel my Savior's love, 
And know that He will bless me.
I offer Him my heart;
My shepherd He will be.

I'll share my Savior's love
By serving others freely.
In serving, I am blessed;
In giving, I receive.

Chorus:
He knows I will follow him, 
Give all my love to him. 
I feel my Savior's love,
The love he freely gives me.
(Words: Ralph Rodgers Jr., 1936-1996; K. Newell Dayley, b. 1939; and Laurie Huffman, b. 1948)

The Savior blesses us everyday because of His love for us.  The beautiful trees and mountains that mark the landscape, the glorious sunrise, the little wisps of wind on a hot summer's day, the tiny birds that hop through the garden, the lovely butterflies that land on our shoulder- all of these creations from our Lord and Savior testify of his love for us.  He has done so much out of love for us and even gave the ultimate sacrifice because of it.  I can't even imagine loving someone that much (maybe that's why I'm still single ... ).

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/127789708150780349/

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help fill the world with love!  In order to show our appreciation for the love which our Savior has for us, share His love with others by serving them.  Small acts of kindness go a long way!  Even just a simple smile can brighten someone's day!  Sit with someone who's all alone during lunch; compliment someone on their outfit; have a conversation with the person behind you in line; tell someone they are loved.  If there's only one person who feels a little more love in their life from me issuing this challenge, then I will have done my part and helped to spread a little love. 

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/127789708150780339/

Do your part.  Share the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.