This weekend was a very special one in my family- we had not one, but TWO birthdays!!
![]() |
| Not-so-little Little Sisters |
Miranda
Miranda turned 18 this weekend! Official adult status! For her birthday, they cancelled school all over the state! (Also, because there was ice everywhere ... ) Miranda is so talented, but you'd never know it unless you really got to know her. This weekend, I saw some of her art sketches and I am completely amazed- I don't thing I've ever drawn anything that well! She has also completed her very own novel, and although it has not been published yet, she is working hard on another one. I started many writing many books in my own high school years, but never actually finished any of them- I think the closest I got was five chapters before I forgot or got bored. Also this weekend, she took some pictures that I wanted to get on my computer, so she gave me the memory card from her camera and oh my goodness! So many beautiful pictures!! Miranda is also a very talented singer- I love having jam sessions with her when I go home and just hearing her sing the words to some of the most touching and beautiful songs ever written.
Here are some of her photos.
Emily
Emily turned 15 this weekend! I told her she was halfway to 30! She's the baby of the family and boy does she know it! I remember when she was a baby and we all doted on her and treated her just like a royal princess. She is just a little ray of sunshine in everyone's life- and is possibly one of the smartest little girls I know! She is currently learning how to play the cello and coming along in a most excellent manner. Here is a video of her Christmas concert- skip to 4:02 and she is the one in black playing the cello. (She's only on for the one song, but she did great!)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.