1. I Love to Bake.
Especially cupcakes. I generally don't eat majority of what I bake; I give it away to other people. No, really. I bake cookies to give to my neighbors. I bake brownies for my roommate. I bake cupcakes for my coworkers. Sure, I'll try it during the process. But the second best part about baking is giving whatever I've created to someone else and watching their face just light up. My favorite part about baking is listening to Disney music, dancing around the kitchen, and singing at the top of my lungs.
2. I Hate Power Point Presentations.
Absolutely despise them, in any way, shape or form. I have yet to have a decent teacher of any subject who uses power point. 'Nuff said.
3. I Take Long Showers.
And I love them. If you've ever lived with me, you know I take showers whenever I'm upset. The shower is a good place to cry, and also a good place to take a vacation from the real world. I've discovered that when I'm in the shower, if I close my eyes, I can be anywhere in the world, taking a shower. I can be at home with my family, across the hall from the most magical room ever (the room I shared with my sisters). I can be in my apartment, escaping the ever growing pile of homework. I can be at my Aunt's home, cleaning the dirt out of my hair from playing with my little cousins. I could even be somewhere I've never been!
4. I Mean Business.
I am une femme d'affairs (which means business women in French- it just sounds a lot cooler in French than in English). When things get real, you better watch out. I've realized who I am and how I want to be, and I'm ready to take on the world. I know what I want from myself and it's going to make my life the best thing I'll ever do.
5. Sometimes, I Cry.
This world is tough, and I try to be tough. But sometimes, you just have to cry. Sometimes, a good cry is the only way to make things feel better, to make you feel human. A lot of the times, we cry because people don't act like we're human- somehow they hurt our feelings, intentionally or unintentionally; somehow things didn't happen the way you wanted them to; somehow you messed up; somehow something went wrong. Crying is a way to show emotion. Showing emotion isn't bad; it happens. Being strong isn't about never crying; it's about stopping. It's about getting up after a good cry and being strong enough to keep going, to do what needs to be done. During the hardest moment of His life, the Savior cried. But He still got up, carried on, and did what needed to be done.
6. I Am Beautiful.
And so is every other young woman on this planet. Each one of us brings something unique and wonderful to the table, and somewhere out there is someone who needs whatever you bring. It doesn't matter whether I wear $50 jeans or $5 jeans. It doesn't matter whether my hair is straight or curly. It doesn't matter whether I'm wearing a formal gown or sweat pants, because my personality doesn't change with my clothes or my make-up.
And that's what's made me realize the change I want to be in myself. I realized that I act somewhat differently at work and at home and at my apartment and I don't like that. I want to be me. I want to be the one who shoots for the moon and is in charge of my life.
I want to be Leigha Marie Nunnally, fearless and decisive.
This Month's Challenge:
Write about you. 1-6.
1. Something you Love.
2. Something you Hate.
3. Something you Do.
4. A Strength
5. A Weakness
6. Why are you beautiful?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.