Sunday, March 11, 2012

I Like to Bake ... Among Other Things

Wow ... it's been almost a month ... sorry dudes ... but here's what I've been up to:

Threw a bridal shower for my roomie- He POPPED the question!
Yesterday was my roommate's bridal shower which I threw for her along with the help of Carrie. 
We chose popcorn for the theme- "He popped the question!"
We made about five different types of popcorn (planned to do more, but ran out of time)
and had a grand old time :]

To Die For Roast
Gail and I have been following a dietetic regimen for the past three months (her for a wedding dress, and me for kicks).  This is one of my favorite meals thus far.

Peanut Butter Meltaway Cupcakes
 I've become addicted to Pinterest ... and I've been taking advantage of every opportunity to bake something new, fun, and/or exciting.  These were for a work party back in January.

Peanut Butter Valentine's Day Cookies 
 I made these for a ward break the fast last month- super easy and fun!

Ooey Gooey Cookie Pie Bites
 These are like little pieces of flaky heaven- we've already made these twice in less than a month.  A huge success from my favorite baking/cooking website- Our Best Bites.  In these, since Gail can't have chocolate, 
we used peanut butter chips, caramel chips, toffee bits, and sweetened coconut.

Caramel Popcorn Cupcakes
These were supposed to be made for the bridal shower yesterday, but they didn't make it.  
So, I finished them last night.  They actually taste quite delicious.  The frosting could use more caramel flavoring, but the cake itself is quite delicious.  And yes, these are another Pinterest experiment.

Got anymore exciting recipes??  Send them my way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.