Monday, March 19, 2012

I Wanna Be Like You

Lately, life has been throwing me all kinds of curve balls, one after another.  It's been a pretty tough week, to say the least.  My mom has been getting lots of phone calls ... and emails ... from me.
Yesterday, I stopped to think about my mother, and tried to picture her when she was in college, going through the same things that I'm going through.  And then I wondered how often she called her mother ... and then I realized the answer: never.  My grandmother died at the beginning of my mother's second year of college.  And then it began to dawn on me how strong my mother is.  My mother not only went through college without her mother, she also went on a mission, had her heart broken, graduated, got married, and had five kids ... I can't imagine doing any of that without my mother being more than a phone call away.  My mother is the strongest and most wonderful lady I know.  She's my favorite, and I wish I could be like her.  She's strong and powerful and there's nothing she can't do.
So this is a shout-out to all the daughters out there who love their mothers, and especially to those who've lost them.  How strong you are.  Heavenly Father knew you would be able to make it, and make it you have.  I applaud you, again and again.  

I love you, Mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.