Ah, Mondays . . . the start of a new week . . . also one of my busier days . . . which began at 7am this morning, preparing for classes and the day.
9am: Physical Science Synopsis
The Princess Bride + frozen balloons = WIN
10:45-12:45: Work at L&T
This is one of my new haunts- L&T Produce in the Cougareat. We make wraps and salads which are pretty much the best thing on the face of the Earth besides peanut butter and big brothers. Normally two other people are supposed to be there with me- however, one of them got promoted to Student Manager so she now works pretty much everywhere but L&T and the other one somehow forgot he had work today (which I don't understand because the schedule is the same every week . . . ) so it was just me and the supervisor wrapping and dressing and trying not to cut each other. Overall, a grand time.
1pm: Stats (Someone Talking About Terrible Stuff)
I got lost in class today . . . turned to my studdy buddy sitting next to me and asked if he had any idea what was going on: " . . . nope. . . . " alrighty then . . . But, after I got home tonight, I reread the chapter and I think I have located the ever illusive concept of Regression and Residuals.
2pm: More wraps
After stats, my study buddy and I went and met my oh-so-amazing roommate outside the Cougareat and got lunch! I, of course, got a yummilicous BBQ Chicken Wrap from L&T.
3pm: Back to the grindstone with (dun dun dun) Parenting
Forgot that my professor wasn't going to be in class today and we would be having one of his graduate students teach the lecture instead. Not too bad, actually. We talked about Finding Nemo and Marlin, the overprotective parent.
4pm: Colombia and Armadillos (aka World Music Cultures)
"Apparently this guy looked like an armadillo, and so you have to write a song about it because he looked like an armadillo."
And then I was going to go run and burn some calories while getting some things sorted out in my head when suddenly . . . it started to get windy- really windy. My roommate had waited for me because she was going to walk home with me after I finished running and we decided that we should probably go ahead and head home before it got any worse. And so through freezing snow and blistering wind, we made the journey home.
6:40pm: Congregation
At this pre-appointed hour, people began to show up at our apartment for FHE. Tonight, we went to our stake representative's house. And I had a sudden realization. Our new FHE group . . . is us plus three boys apartments . . . four against twelve (Although, tonight there was only five of them. But, there could potentially be twelve, especially since tonight we were fatherless). Dear Group 1, I miss you. During our most excellent meal of cheddar and potato soup, I discovered not one, but two returned missionaries from the Nevada Las Vegas West Mission who knew my brother! Sweet-ness!!
After FHE, we returned to our humble abode where Gail and I did homework, planned secret things of secret-ness and had a generally wonderful evening.
Adieu.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.