Life is hard. I think we can all agree that this statement is true. If you've had an easy life,
you haven't really lived. Sometimes good things happen and sometimes not-so-good things happen.
We can't always choose when or where or what. It's just part of the facts of life.
But we can choose how those things affect us.
Example:
Today, I slipped on the ice (again). Slipping on the ice is not fun; in fact, it pretty much sucks.
But after this single event occured, I had two choices:
a) I could cry, be mad at myself and my ungracefulness and go to class in a bad mood or
b) I could smile, laugh at myself and my ungracefulness and continue on to class as if nothing happened.
Fortunately for me (and possibly everyone else I interacted with today), I chose the latter.
No, we can't choose what happens to us.
Our agency to make choices comes in how we react to everyday situations.
You can decide to be happy no matter what happens and have a relatively good day
or you can let every little less-than-positive thing that happens affect you in a negative manner and have a really bad day.
The choice is yours.
Get up in the morning, determined to have a good day and you will!
Focus on the good stuff and I promise you'll end everyday with a smile.
Like this:
![]() |
| Torrey, Jeff, Emma Jo, and Anna (Lovely smiles) |
![]() |
| Michael (Very happy guy) |
![]() |
| Me, Yachi, Gail, and Stephanie (What better time to smile than when you're with friends) |
![]() |
| Murphy (ALWAYS smiling) |
![]() |
| Me and my smile |
So do yourself a favor:
SMILE :)





Cute free form poetry. :) I liked to see all the smiles too.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Aimee! :)
ReplyDelete