Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Love Cheese

I did promise that there would always be something happy in every post, but I do have some bad things about today.  First off, my lovely roommate is getting sick, which means that I inevitably will be.  I just hope she gets better soon!  Second, the channel we watched the super bowl in is whacked out and we could only see the score for the Packers throughout the entire game.  That's right- no time clock, no downs, and no Steelers for us.  But the rest of today was pretty awesome.
This may be my biggest confession ever: Today was the first time I have ever watched the superbowl.  I know, right?  I'm just more of a basketball person and my parents aren't sports people by any means, so growing up we never watched the superbowl.  But, my roommate's and I decided to watch it (mostly for the commercials) and so we did.  I figured that since the Green Bay G looks like the UGA one and they use the same colors as my roommate's team (Oregon), it would be appropriate for me to root for the Packers.  Also, they're from Wisconsin, and who doesn't love cheese?  And despite multiple injuries on their team, the Packers pulled it off with a 6 point win.
But enough about football; we only really watch the superbowl for the commercials, right?  A few personal favorites today: the darth vader commercial, "our house," JB and Ozzy, and BYU Doritos commercial. 
Darth Vader:
Honestly, how could anyone not love this commercial?  What could be better than a small child in a vader suit and a VW?  Too cute.
"Our House:"
Okay, I LOVE House!!  He's so funny!  (Not to mention, Chase is a hot Australian.)  And the our house cheer was one that we, the marching band, started at almost every home football game.  Epic.
JB and Ozzy:
Okay, first off Ozzy is so messed up, he's hilarious to watch.  Second: "What's a Bieber?  I don't know, but it looks like a girl."  Need I say more?
BYU Doritos Commercial:
For those of you who don't know, this was the one where he licked the guys fingers and then ripped another guys pants off.  I agree that the cheese is the best part!  Really, if you're eating any kind of chips, the best part is licking your fingers afterwards! 
Also, some great movies had spots in today's game.  What I'm excited for: Rango (looks so hilarious!), Fast Five (Vin Diesel, The Rock, and Paul Walker- can it get any more manly??!), Thor (need I say anything?), Captain America (ditto), and (probably what I'm most excited for) Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (take away Orlando and Kierra, add Blackbeard to the best pirate of all time and it can't get any better!).
And now we come to halftime.  Halftime today made me hate Fergie and start to strongly dislike The Black-Eyed Peas.  As some tweeters commented, the half-time show consisted of auto-tuning, left-over tron costumes, and Usher attempting to save the show.  My favorite tweet about halftime: Usher eating a bowl of black-eyed peas would have been better than that.  However, my roommates and I made it somewhat better by eating peanut butter crunch pie from our neighbor for Selene's birthday tomorrow. 
And on that note, I bid you a happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.