Monday, February 28, 2011

The Best Days

Okay, everyone.  Here's where my "cougar-blood" comes out.


Saturday: BYU and SDSU clashed in an epic battle; prior to the game, BYU was ranked no. 7 in the nation and SDSU was ranked no. 4.  Now, BYU has played SDSU already this season in conference play at the Marriot Center, here in Provo.  It was epic and a phenomenal game!!  BYU didn't beat SDSU; we wiped the floor with them!!  It was one of the best days of my life. (That's not sad- it's dedicated.) On Saturday, BYU traveled to San Diego and we played them again- on their turf.  Supposedly, they had the advantage.  Supposedly, BYU was going to lose.  Supposedly, all faith in The Jimmer had been lost.  The roommate and I, unable to watch the actual game on TV, watched the play-by-play on CBS with baited breath.  Every basket from our boys warranted a cheer!  Every foul on our boys made us all the more anxious.  Half-time saw BYU in the lead, but SDSU close behind.  I was getting really nervous.  The roommate worried with me.  And then, in the second half, it happened.  Our boys put on their game faces and widened the gap between us and them; and won the Clash of the Titans. BYU 80 SDSU 67 
And thus, Saturday became one of the best days of my life.

Sunday:  I've always enjoyed Sundays and attending church here in Provo.  It's always such a great, spiritual experience.  We talked about some really good stuff in Relief Society, in Sunday School, and in Sacrament Meeting.  We also had a fireside that evening on missionary work, which was wonderful!  Prior to the fireside, we, my roommates and I, were asked to bring some kind of refreshment for everyone to enjoy.  So, Selene helped me make my infamous brownies. (and they turned out quite well!) We took the brownies to the fireside and enjoyed said fireside.  Once it was over and everyone was milling around, eating refreshments, we decided we needed to go.  (It was dark and we were walking home and starting to get really cold.) We grabbed our brownie pan, somewhat miffed that there was still a large number of brownies.  Gail does not eat chocolate, so I don't like to have chocolate stuff in the apartment.  Personally, I would rather not have them there at all because them I'll eat them and I don't want that.  So, I asked someone (an anonymous male) if he would enjoy having our leftover brownies.  And what male would ever turn down such a succulent offering?  So, Gail and I took this pan half full of brownies over to the apartment of this anonymous male.  *** Pause!*** I have a confession to make: I like this anonymous male (hereafter referred to as A.M.).  I think he is a really nice guy, he's funny, he's fun to hang out with, he reminds me of my older brother (except smarter), and I think he's very attractive. (I have no qualms about putting this on my blog, because I'm 85% confident that he doesn't read my blog.)  ***Unpause!*** So, A.M. invited us in to his apartment and relieved us of all our brownies (thank goodness).  We sat around and chilled and talked for about two hours.  It was very nice and somewhat relaxing after a very stressful week.  Finally, I bucked up enough courage to do something that had been stressing me for four days.  I asked A.M. to come to our fun-filled apartment date night next Friday.  (Explanation of fun-filled apartment date night: We (mostly Gail and I) decided to each ask a guy (preferably a guy whom who had had our eye on) over to our apartment and proceed to treat them to a wonderfully thrilling and exciting evening.  I, of course, wanted to ask A.M.  And after giving offerings of delicious baked goods, and psyching myself out, I did it.  He said yes! :)
And thus, Sunday became one of the best days of my life.

Monday:  Ahhh, Monday.  Back to the grindstone.  The day started just like any other- physical science at 9 am.  We laughed, we puzzled, we blew things up, and we continued on our way.  I went to work where I heard a phenomenally exciting rumor.  "Hey!  Did you hear that BYU is ranked third in the nation?!"  Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat????????????????  After leaving work, I had to check.  It was essential to the rest of my day!  I quickly journeyed to stats class and opened the internet on my laptop.  I waited for what seemed like an eternity before I reached www.espn.com!  And then, to my joy and delight, the rumors were confirmed.  Number 3 in the nation: Brigham Young University. 
And thus, Monday became one of the best days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.