Sunday, May 12, 2013

Six point eight

I recommitted myself to Thrive about two weeks ago and my journey began on Sunday May 5th.  I weighed myself yesterday to see how I'd done for my first week.  I lost 6.8 pounds!!!  Word to yo' motha, fool!!



Thrive is a nutrition program designed to help people attain many different goals, the main one being weight loss.  My mother joined Thrive back in winter of 2009 (right before my senior year of high school) after my grandfather died.  I did it along with her and my father and I lost 75 pounds in six months.  Just with eating the right foods.  To date, my mother and father combined have lost ... a lot ... I always remember my father being a big guy.  Like 300 pounds big.  Now, he's lost more than 100 pounds and looks very different from the man I remember raising me.  My mother has also lost a lot of weight and is now an instructor for the program that saved her life and my father's.  Almost all the weight that I lost in high school has somehow found it's way back on to my hips.  I say no more.  That life style ended two weeks ago when I decided to start Thriving again.  Thrive is a very simple, very doable program.  I work two jobs with at least 20 hours a week at each one.  I am the Relief Society President in my ward with lots of responsibilities and duties during the week.  I also try to have a social life and go out with my friends.  With Thrive, I am able to stick to the program and still maintain all the daily activities of my life.  It's about finding a solution to fit your needs.  No exercise required.  I did go to the gym in years past without Thrive (and didn't lose the weight nearly as fast), but with a busy schedule and no vehicle, it's not really possible for me to go regularly.  And with Thrive, you don't get a long list of foods you can't eat- you can eat almost anything!  It's a matter of what you eat it with, how much you eat of it, and when you eat it.  You can have your steak, just eat broccoli with it!  You can have your baked potato, just eat it with chicken and green beans!  It's simple, easy, and provides results.

Why am I doing Thrive?  The most important part of Thrive is what's called "your why."  I'm going to share part of my why with you today.  It's very personal  to me, but it provides me with the motivation to keep going and to do what I need to do.  While I have always dreamed of going to BYU and getting my degree here, a part of me did come hoping to find the right person to marry.  There's no use denying it- I wanted that MRS degree.  I was sitting on the couch on day probably reading or pondering the meaning of life (I don't remember) when I realized how uncomfortable I was with my body.  I didn't like to look in mirrors, I hated having to buy new clothes, I wasn't happy with me.  If you've ever been in a situation like that before, then you know exactly what it's like.  Everything is painful.  When I realized how uncomfortable I was with my body, a question came to my mind.  How could I expect someone else to be comfortable about my body when I hated it?  More specifically, how could I expect my future spouse, whoever he may be, to love me if I didn't love me?  I've dreamed of meeting him many a time and wondered what he will be like.  I know that he will be wonderful and the best thing that will ever happen to me.  Doesn't he deserve a wife who loves herself and her body?  I certainly think he does.  I think he deserves the best.  I want to make myself look the best so that I can be worthy of any young man.  That's my why.  My eternal companion is the number one reason why I'm Thriving today.

If you want to learn more about Thrive, go to www.thriveweightloss.com or click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.