Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Semester, New Roommates!

This is Ariel (not like the everyone else says the Disney princess' name, but like Sebastian says it):

I had to find a funny picture ... but she's actually quite gorgeous :]
Told you.
She's super fun! We've already decided to do movie nights at our apartment every week and she's agreed to go dress shopping with me (I am in sore need of a new dress ...). :]  She's also an RA with me, so we have fun in all kinds of ways (like cleaning checks!  Those are fun, right? ... *fake smile*)

And we thought it would be just the two of us.  Super fun, super small, and super carefree!

But on Monday, I got a call from the Office asking if I would mind another roommate.

So, without further ado, this is Lu (I can't say or spell her real name, but we've decided to call her Lu)

I should get points for this creeper shot :]
She's from Taiwan and she's SO sweet!!  When I left for work this morning, I told her I would be back around eight o'clock tonight.  She said, "Oh, it's so long!" and gave me a hug like we'd never see each other again!  She's just learning English (sound familiar, anyone?), so it's kind of hard to communicate sometimes, but we're getting along quite well and she's very talkative for not knowing a lot of English. :]

In other news, after work this week, I will be rollin' in the dough, if you know what I mean.  During the school year, since we're all also students, we have a limit of 20 hours a week.  But during the summer, we can go up to 40 hours.  And it just so happens that these past two weeks are two of the three busiest weeks of the year: Finals week and Women's Conference.  Final's week is busy just because of all the people trying to find subs for their shifts.  It's amazing how many more phone calls you get when you can work anywhere in the Food Court ... jus' sayin'.  Women's Conference involves bajillions of women coming to campus for two days and spending about 40-50 dollars in that amount of time on food alone ... they like their BYU brownies ... and their Navajo Tacos ... and their BYU ice cream ... and their Subway ... and their salads ... And we have to have double the winter crew size, but with half of the people.  Needless to say ... it's SO fun ... and crazier than a chihuahua at a piccolo concert.  Between those two days, I'm scheduled for 24 hours ...

Thursday + Friday = more hours than I am allowed to work in a normal fall/winter week ... 
It's gonna be ballin'!  

Je suis hereuse que j'aprend francaise parce que maintenant, je comprend ce blague. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.