Monday, January 30, 2012

Out With the Old, and In With the New

Good morning Starshine!  The Earth says hello!!


Exciting news time!!  I have officially been released as the Ward Music Chairman (er, ... Chairwoman ...) and I am sad to see it go!!  I loved choosing the music every week and getting to know all the talented people in our ward!  But, change always comes, no matter how hard we might wish it were otherwise, and I have been called to serve as the Second Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency!!  I am even more excited for this calling!!  It will give me bajillions more opportunities to serve the girls in my ward and grow closer to the Savior!!  I am so excited!!
BUT!  I am also nervous.  This means I now have the RA job, 15 credits, the student manager job, and a much more involved calling.  I'm going to have a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it- I still have a lot to do from last semester.  So if I seem to be going crazy, it's because I am.  If I seem too busy to blog, it's because I am.  If I start speaking in French, it's because I'm attempting to learn it this semester and it's my hardest class.  
But, I digress... more exciting news:
  • I've lost fifteen pounds this month!!
  • I scored big at DI!! (New skirt and jeans in GREAT condition)
  • I officially change my major from ECE to Business!!
  • We now have a Preach My Gospel class during Sunday School and it's FANTASTIC!!!
  • We had an apartment dinner yesterday and I invited a guy over!! (and it wasn't awkward!)
  • I got a late Christmas card which made my day!! (Thanks, CLE!!)
and . . . 
  • I get to wear jeans to work this week ;]
That's life!  And I'm lovin' it!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you've been busy! good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss...I wish I could find good stuff at DI, but there is never anything good when I go! I hope to see you at the BYU Blogger Meet Up!
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.