So, as I was walking to work yesterday morning I started thinking about my life. And then life in general. And then I started thinking about trials and how God gives everyone trials. My favorite comparison to trials is and has always been rain.
There are different "degrees" of rain, so to speak. There's the annoying rain that just drives you crazy, but other than that is pretty harmless. Then there's the slow rainfall where the whole world is just like "Hey man, I'm just soakin' in some rain. Keepin' it real." Then there's the hard rainfall where it's pouring cats and dogs (but without any pet food- poor kitties and puppies). There's also the thunderstorm, where it's raining hard and thunder is thundering and lightning is . . . lightning-ing . . . And finally, there's the hurricane where it seems like the whole world is being swept away behind a curtain of rainfall.
But, even though there are varying degrees of trials and we don't all go through the same thing, there is always a rainbow after the storm. Sometimes the rainbow is just a small one that we notice on a puddle on our way to work. Sometimes, it's wide ribbon of color that stretches across the sky and encompasses the world with light. Sometimes, it's even a double rainbow. (Yeah, I just went there; if you don't understand, click.) But no matter how small, there is ALWAYS a rainbow.
(Here comes the good part.) We all go though different trials. Sometimes, it's just a little sprinkle and sometimes it's a destructive torrential downpour. But no matter what, there is always a blessing for every trial we endure. For every rainfall, there's a rainbow. For every trial, there's a blessing.
And I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful for the rainbows after the storms; they are so beautiful and simple that they make the storm worth it. People sometimes complain about trials; but we have to go through them no matter what. If we have to go through trials, then I'm certainly thankful for the blessings we receive because of them. I'm grateful that trials have blessings, that storms have rainbows, and that thorns have roses.
Everything happens for a reason. This trial is certainly one that you won't be able to live without.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.