Friday, October 21, 2011

Getting Crazy with the Spices

So, it's Friday . . . and I'm not dressin' up and I got no where to go, so how about a little adventure says I?

Amidst doing laundry, I noticed that I was somewhat hungered... so when I came back, I did a little cooking and creating of my own. :]  And I came up with something delicious! (which seems to happen every once in a while)

What I used:

  • Unclaimed/unmarked ground beef sitting in the back of our freezer
  • Cream Cheese
  • Random half package of guacamole seasoning which has been sitting on our spice shelf forever
  • Water
  • Rice
  • Ranch Dressing
  • Chopped Onions
  • Mozzarella Cheese
I put the cheeses, the guacamole seasoning, the onions, a little bit of water and the ground beef in a pan and just . . . cooked it.  Then I *attempted* to make rice with a little bit of ranch dressing in it to give a little zingy do.  (Okay, side note: Rice is my arch-nemesis.  Apparently, I didn't live with my Asians for long enough because I still to this day can not cook it right!  I always, always, always cook it too long or not long enough.  Plus, it's so bland, I never have any idea what to do with it.  I bought a small bag of it this last shopping trip because I wanted to have another go at making it awesome-tastic and so far the score is Rice: 4 Leigha: 0.)  So, the rice, of course, didn't come out quite how I wanted it to (it's more like one big mushy mess), but it all still tastes delicious!!

Isn't beef glorious?? :] Sorry, Chik-fil-a cows; just know that I still love you (different kind of love).

So, this was after I ate some . . .  I forgot to take a picture first :)
Overall Score: A

Also, pics from the most recent pizza night!! (I know you were all waiting with baited breath for these)

This is Baked Potato Pizza- SOO good!  We even stuffed the crust :]

Everyone's favorite pizza by far- Chicken Spinach Alfredo Pizza (My own personal creation :] )
All while listening to Disney music :]

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog Leigha! I love it! Here's mine: liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.