![]() |
| Gorgeous picture taken from http://www.listentech.com/media/Main_lds_conference_center.jpg |
1) Share the gospel!
There was a lot of focus on this topic during the Saturday sessions. President Monson began conference by telling us that now is the time for members and missionaries to work together! I especially appreciated Elder Ballard's talk which addressed several of my own concerns with sharing the gospel. It's natural to be apprehensive. Pray for opportunities and don't be afraid of what you'll have to do. Elder Nielsen of the 70 shared a lot of animation and enthusiasm about missionary work and sharing the gospel. We should all be just as excited as he was!
2) Endure to the end!
There was a huge emphasis on this during the Sunday sessions. Elder Scott talked about losing ourselves in service to others to help us endure and hold fast to the rod, like Elder Hamilton of the 70 reminded us. President Monson reminded us that we truly need him every hour, whether rain or shine. Elder Eyring mentioned that this life is to polish us to return to the presence of God.
3) The Law of Chastity
I really loved the laying down of the law by Elder Oaks on what exactly is allowed and that nothing else is appropriate. Loved it. SO much. And Elder Nelson continued that theme, but with a different approach. Both were extremely wonderful and extremely insightful. If you have questions regarding what Mormons believe about marriage, homosexuality, and chastity. Read/watch them. They both hit it right on the head.
4) The Priesthood
If you know anything about what's happening in the church right now, then hopefully you loved Elder Andersen's talk as much as I did. I was reminded of a lesson in one of my religion classes when my teacher (Anthony Sweat, if you're interested) taught us about the difference between Priesthood Power and Priesthood Offices. We all have access to the power of the priesthood, simply by keeping his commandments and honoring our covenants.
I encourage everyone, LDS or not, to watch conference and learn what our modern day prophets and apostles have said and warned us against. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and and he and the apostles speak with authority and revelation from God. I know where I want to go and what I need to do to get there. Do you?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.