Normally, I hate Valentine's Day.
For a gal like me with no significant other (ever),
it's just always sucked.
Seeing couples on normal days sucks enough
(kissing and cuddling and kissing and hugging and kissing ...)
but Valentine's Day is ... worse.
So, I was prepared to face Valentine's Day as I always have:
no regard whatsoever.
The End.
BUT
As I was perusing the most popular social network in the world,
I found a challenge from one of my friends.
And I have accepted said challenge.
It reads:
Well, we're a week from Valentines day,
and soon Facebook will be flooded with "Single Awareness Day" stuff...
Usually, in the past, I've joined this massive self-pity fest,
but this year I thought I'd try something different.
This week, I'd like to challenge everyone,
(Myself included)
to contemplate and write a thoughtful letter to your future sweetheart.
Someday, when the time is right,
you'll find each other,
and you'll know how worth it it will be.
And now I extend it to all my single friends.
This is your mission, should you chose to accept it.
I hope you do.
As for all you ... couples ... tell your spouse you love them.
Again.
And again.
And then do something for someone else
together.
Happy Single's Awareness Day!!


Such a cute challenge! I will write a letter to my sweetheart for sure :)
ReplyDelete