* First off, I love all of my classes!!! I'm taking Interiors, Food Science, Biology (okay, I don't love that one), Pearl of Great Price, Family Processes, and Developmentally Appropriate Practice. If you need any explanations, . . . then I shall proceed to explain:
- Interiors: introduction to interior design and all of the crazy stuff that you never knew was involved with that.
- Food Science: we have guest lecturers every week and they talk about food production and the stuff in food and the science behind it all. I thought it would be a good idea cause it's only once a week and the only homework is to summarize the lectures and the final is a paper and you get free food.
- Biology: that icky horrible science that I hate SO much.
- Pearl of Great Price: We learn about Moses, Abraham, JSH, JSM, and the Articles of Faith. In discussion manner, which is awesome. Also, Noah Hartsock is in my class :] I was kind of freaking out the first day.
- Family Processes: this class is more about studying families and the connections that families share. It counts for a family life minor, which I'm considering.
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice: saved the best for last; this class is AWESOME. We are learning how to teach the little kiddies!!! Everyone in their is either ECE or FACSED and it's so fun!!
So that's classes. :]
*Second, I got another job and applied for a higher position at my original job. I am now working as an RA at the Riviera, which is pretty much the sweetest deal ever. (I decided when I work, it's only five hours of babysitting the office, I can do homework while I work, and my pay gets deducted from my rent. Like I said, it's pretty much the sweetest deal ever.) As for the higher position at work, we had a couple of Student Managers decide to leave, so the powers that be asked for applications and I talked to my supervisor to get her opinion and decided 'why not?' and put in an application. They called me this morning and set up an interview for tomorrow at 12:20. I'm excited!! I hope it goes well, but even if it doesn't, I'll still have a good job.
*Third, we went hiking on Friday! and made cookies on Sunday!! and have been having just a grand old time :]
*Fourth, my roommate got engaged! J was engaged over the summer to this guy who was in my ward last year, but they broke it off about two weeks before fall semester started (ie, about a month ago). So, we decided that boys are just stinky and gross and who needs them anyway. SO . . . J grew up knowing this other guy (her new fiance) and he came back from his mission about three weeks ago, they'd never dated before, she saw him on Tuesday, the first time we met him was Friday night on our hike, they spent all weekend together (all three days of it), and Tuesday morning when we woke up and discovered J was still alive, she announced that they were engaged! The date is December 20. I'm excited for her! I'm glad she's happy :]
And I think you're now officially up to speed on my life.
And I've discovered why life sometimes just plain sucks.
There's no background music.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.