- 235 is written in Roman numerals as CCXXXV.
- 235 is the atomic mass number of an unstable form of Uranium
- 235 is the number of three interstate highways in the U.S.
- 235 is the year in which a new emperor of Rome was crowned.
- 235 is the integer after 234 and before 236.
- 235 is a prime number with factors 5 and 47.
- 235 in binary is 11101011.
- 235 days ago Robin Soderling won the Paris Masters final (tennis).
- And 235 years ago, some men decided to sign their names on this piece of paper called "The Declaration of Independence" and start their own country.
This is how I celebrated Independence Day weekend.
 |
| My adventure began with a road trip with my wonderful cousin (whom I haven't seen for thirteen years) and her family. We drove from West Jordan, UT up to Lake Walcott in Idaho and spent the weekend with the rest of my cousins and their families and my aunt and uncle. |
 |
| This is Sam. He's one of my "little cousins" (meaning he's really my second cousin) whom I got to see this weekend and I think he is the cutest little boy ever!!! He's so happy and sweet and his favorite word for the weekend was "wadda." |
 |
| This is my favorite aunt in the whole world (and technically, my only aunt because all the other ones are only my aunts because they married my uncles) and the grand orchestrator of this weekend's festivities. I believe she looks very official in this picture. |
 |
| And we had a parade. Reverse, of course. {We, the audience/adults pelted the children with candy as they marched in front of us down the road.} |
 |
| Quin. {He's a big lady's man} |
 |
ALL the little cousins (except Sam): Katie, Jason, Blake, Sean, Cameron, Natalie, Wes, Jordan, and Quin
We were pelting them with candy; [And there was much rejoicing] |
 |
I think this picture is [awe-some].
Lookin' like a boss. |
 |
| Playin' at the playground |
 |
| My aunt and cousins! {Note: I have seen my aunt more in the past seven months than I have seen my own mother.} All these beautiful ladies (minus my aunt) are sisters! {Second note: Two of them I saw two years ago; the other two I haven't seen for thirteen years. Kind of sucks being far from family.} |
On Sunday, I made it back to Provo just in time to unpack my clothes from the weekend and repack clothes for a sleepover at Hanna's apartment! We woke up early Monday morning {6 am, early} and started making a day of it.
 |
| First stop: The field for hot air balloons |
 |
| Unfortunately, the weather was all gross {and not safe for balloon riding} so only one balloon took off and they only did a tethered flight, with Ol' Glory flying by their side. |
 |
| Oh yeah, we got to see a Darth Vader balloon and storm troopers. Be jealous, all of you. |
 |
All-you-can-eat French Toast: $5 from Kneader's
SOO good. |
 |
| We discovered this pretty little path with a pretty little stream and some lovely little waterfalls. [New Favorite Place in Provo and Reason to Move South of Campus at some point] |
 |
| We also went to the Freedom Festival which was super fun where I bought this lovely purse. |
Best Fourth of July Ever? I think so.
Also, Source Code is an AH-MAZING movie. Just sayin'.
ReplyDelete