Sunday, May 15, 2011

There and Back Again

Operation Mother's Day Surprise: successfully carried out and accomplished.

Saturday I left good old Provo early in the morning for the Salt Lake City Airport.  Why would I go there you ask?  Because I went home!  That's right.  Saturday, I went back to my beautiful Georgia for my Mom's Mothers' Day surprise.  I got to see my mom, my dad, my siblings, my kitties, and the beautiful trees!!  It was a wonderfully fantastic surprise which I thoroughly enjoyed!!  Mom was so shocked and surprised; the look on her face was definitely worth the three days off from work.  My sisters and little brother were also thrilled; it was worth being able to physically hug them good night for four days.  And Dad has lost so much weight I almost didn't recognize him at the gate!!  I also got to talk to Bubby (that's Elder Nunnally, for those of you who aren't aware) since it was Mother's Day!  And the next time I talk to him, it will be in person in July!  I got to see lots of the gals and friends from church.  Of course, a trip to Grandma's was in order and completed without fail.  I got to hang with bestie for a few hours (while enjoying the delicious goodness that is fried pickles)!  And I got to see the trees!!  In my humble opinion, Utah is severely lacking in trees (see pictures below for an appropriate amount of trees) and I have dearly missed their amazing, green leaves (although, Utah does make up for the trees with the lovely mountains).

This morning, the fun came to an end and I came back to Provo.  (Not to say that Provo isn't fun, but my family lives in Georgia, and I enjoy being with them.)  And so completes this tale of my journey there and back again.


My wonderful family :)

Trees!!!!!

And even more trees!!!!! :] They don't exist in the desert/Utah.

Mommy dearest <3

Opening Mother's Day presents

Grandma and Grandpa Nunnally- a quick visit to satisfy not seeing them for nine months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.