Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finals, Finances, and Fire Alarms

So you would think that this week would be kind of crazy and somewhat stressful because of finals.  Au contraire, since Monday, things have been practically spectacular!  Each day has started out kind of rocky with an extended stay at work, but ended up being absolutely stellar! 

Marvelous Monday
So Monday started early with Gail and I walking to campus at about 5:45 am.  Yeah, super duper early.  I proceeded to being a long work day that lasted from 6:15-3:00.  Work wasn't particularly bad; it was just long.  (And at some point, you do get annoyed by the rudeness of some people.)  So after work was over, I went to take my third of four finals for one of more questionable classes.  I knew if I had studied enough, then I would do well.  If I hadn't, then I would do okay, just not as well as I would have liked.  And I was thinking I would get a high c, maybe a low b.  I would be totally cool with that.  My actual score: 89!!!  I practically skipped all the way home :)

Terrific Tuesday
Tuesday started early again (though not quite as early as Monday) with another long work shift from 8-5. (Again, the longer you work, the more irritated you get)  So after work, I met with my study buddy for stats to study for our final, which I planned on taking that night.  Since I had just got off work, I checked my email before we started and found a message from the Financial Aid Office, saying they had distributed scholarships and to check Route Y (BYU website for students) for awards.  (Keep in mind that last semester I received no scholarships at all.  None, nada, zilch.)  I wasn't expecting anything, but decided to check Route Y anyway.  I checked . .  and I will be receiving a $1000 scholarship!!!!! :D  I was super duper happy!!!!!  Such a blessing from Christ!!!
And then I studied with my buddy and went to take the test.  I was thinking I was going to get a solid C.  Not a b and certainly not an a.  And at this point, I would have just been glad to pass stats.  I'm so tired of it and ready to be done.  So I took the test and spent twice amount of time I normally do on any type of test.  ANd my score . . . 89!!!!!!  The highest I've ever got on any stats test!!!  Yay me!!!  :D

Wonderful Wednesday
Just like the past two days, today started pretty early with a shift from 6:45-3.  I was actually running a little late, and somewhat freaking out, but when I got to the Wilkinson Center (where I work), the fire alarm was going off and apparently had been for about twenty minutes.  Saved by the bell!!  er . . . the fire alarm . . .  No more finals to finish, and only one more day of work before the new schedule starts.  After work today, my boss wanted to talk to me.  I am now the Crew Supervisor at L&T Salad and Soup!!!!  Yay!!!!  I am so excited!!!!! :D
Then, since today was my roommate's last full day in Utah until fall semester, we went to DI and the mall and had a grand old time. :)

Life is great and full of opportunities.  Don't take them for advantage. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.