Thursday, February 14, 2013

To: Sweetheart


(Click here to read the challenge.  My Challenge Response Follows.)

Well, here's another Valentine's Day come and gone without you by my side.  Sometimes I wonder not if I'll ever met you but when.  The grand question of my life.  Sometimes I think about what it will be like and I wonder.  I wonder if we'll know instantly that there's something special like in fairytales or if we'll be unsure and on again off again like in Chick Flicks.  (I hope not, because those kinds of couples drive me INSANE.)  Most of the time I wonder if I already know you.  Sometimes, after having an especially trying day, I imagine what you would do and say to make me feel better.

Today in honor of you and I, I tried to think of others first and serve them.  I helped a guy in my class with our assignment when he was having trouble.  I walked and talked with someone who I'd never met before.  I held my tongue and controlled my temper when every inch of me wanted to scream.  I hope you were able to help people, too.  Today is a day to honor love and that love is made manifest through actions of service.

Darling, here's to next Valentine's Day.  I hope we'll be able to spend it together.  Until then, I've a date with a BLT and glass of sugar-free lemonade.

Alone for now, but forever yours,
Leigha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.