Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Seeing Through the Rain

So I realized today that I haven't blogged in a while, so here we go!!

(This actually happened last Thursday)

So I started the day like any other Thursday: Book of Mormon Second Half at 9 AM.  About halfway through the class, my phone starts vibrating.  At this point two thoughts cross my mind almost simultaneously: 1) who is calling me at 9:25 in the morning? 2) Please don't be work.  And of course, it was work.  Their request?  Could I come in anytime between 9:30 and 3 to cover for a sick coworker.  I decided I could come in around 11 after I took my physical science test.  Therefore, I left class and went to take my test . . . and bombed it.  Worst test thus far in my college career.  But with no time to have a pity party, I ran to work and stayed there . . . until 9:30 that night . . . was I exhausted?  Definitely.  Was I completely bummed on the inside?  Without a doubt.  BUT I committed to myself that I was not going to let that effect anything I did.  I smiled to everyone at work, I was friendlier than usual to all the customers, and I was even engaged in pleasurable conversation with my coworkers, the customers, my escort home, and my roommates when I finally got home and got a chance to sit down. 

Sometimes, God lets it rain.  Sometimes we're prepared for the days when it rains with umbrellas, raincoats, and rain boots.  Sometimes, the rain catches us unprepared and off guard.  The question isn't whether or not you're prepared for the rain or how long it lasts.  It's whether you dance or run for cover.  It's whether you jump in the puddles or stay inside.  It's whether or not you believe that the sun is still there.  The rain's going to come, no matter what; the question is how you react to the rain.  God is going to send you trials and bad days; the only way to get past them, is to go through them.  You can go through them with a frown and bring yourself and everyone around you down; Or you can go take everything with a smile and make everyone's day just a little better because they saw you. 

The choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.